Your guide to ‘Web Check-in’
Allowed and not allowed on board
Who all can check-in ?
- Passengers holding a valid and confirmed IndiGo booking Reference or PNR
- A maximum of 9 passengers per PNR with a maximum of 4 segments for customers fulfilling the check-in window criteria
Reservations for web check-in
- A group booking of more than 9 passengers on a single reservation number
- Any reservation with 'Special Service Requests (eg. Infant/Wheelchair etc.)' besides Meals cannot web check-in.
What items are not permitted on an IndiGo flight?
Prohibited in Checked and Cabin baggage:
- Compressed gases - deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders
- Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, ammunition including blank cartridges, handguns, fire works, pistol caps
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition, matches (these may be carried on the person), radioactive material, briefcases and attache case with installed alarm devices
- Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials
- Fish (including other sea food), animals, birds, insects in any form, whether alive and/or dead, and/or frozen and/or dried and/or cooked
- Anything that possesses and/or is capable of possessing and/or emitting a conspicuous and/or offensive odour
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials
Prohibited items in Cabin Baggage:
- Dry cell batteries
- Knives, scissors, Swiss army knives and other sharp instruments
- Toy replicas of fire arms and ammunition
- Weapons such as whips, nan-chakus, baton, or stun gun
- Electronic devices which cannot be switched off
- Aerosols and liquids*
- Any other items which are deemed security hazards by local law
*Passengers can carry one clear transparent resealable litre sized plastic bag containing small quantities of liquid items / gels / pastes/aerosols or items of a similar consistency. Liquids / gels / aerosols include but are not limited to beverages, shampoos, suntan lotions, creams, toothpastes, hair gels and hair sprays. The contents will be subject to screening and security checks and must comply with IndiGo's security guidelines about permissible objects.
Please note: IndiGo recommends that all medication, valuables, fragile items, perishable items and precious items (cameras, jewelry, money, electronics, etc.) should be carried in Cabin Baggage and not in Checked Baggage. IndiGo shall not accept any responsibility for these items.